To develop, coordinate and implement a systematic learning monitoring and evaluation framework to improve the qualitative and quantitative evidence and information gathered in line with the established projects standards and guidelines.
The Monitoring and Evaluation’s scope of work will:
- Develop the overall Framework for project Monitoring and Evaluation, impact assessment, midterm project review, Final evaluation and a project performance monitoring plan with relevant data collection system
- Assist in the development and/ or finalization of the project work plan ensuring it is updated in line with the project activities and timeframes.
- Assist in the revision of the project log frame matrix, particularly in the areas of performance indicators and their measurements;
- Develop baseline data for each project component and for all project indicators.
- With collaborating partners, review existing approaches and management information system and agree on any required changes, support and resources.
- Provide technical assistance to the District Coordinators particularly in relation to monitoring and reporting.
- Maintain and administer the monitoring and Evaluation database; analyze and aggregate findings.
- Support project progress reporting, project mid-term review and final evaluation.
- Suggest Strategies for improving efficiency and effectiveness of the project by identifying bottlenecks in completing project activities and developing plans to minimize or eliminate such bottlenecks.
- Report monthly, quarterly, half year and annual progress on all project activities to the Programmes Coordinator.
- Develop plan and conduct capacity assessment on existing monitoring and evaluation system, any computer based support required and develop indicators a monitoring strategy for the project.
- Identify lessons learned and develop case studies to capture qualitative outputs of the projects and provide advice to the supervisors on improving project performance using M&E findings.
- A bachelor’s degree in Development Studies, Social Sciences, Statistics, or in a related field from a recognised institution.
- Advanced certificate in Monitoring and Evaluation, Demography or Statistics will be preferred
- Relevant working experience developing and implementing M&E activities.
- Experience in designing, implementing and operating project M&E system from project initiation to closeout stages.
- Experience in designing and managing beneficiary monitoring and data base system
- Experience in strategic planning and performance measurements, including indicators selection, target setting, reporting, database management and developing M&E and performance monitoring plans.
- Proficient in office software applications.
- In-depth knowledge on MIS, M&E and data management.
- Knowledge of major evaluation methodologies (e.g. qualitative, mixed-method, and mixed) and data collection and analysis methodologies.
- Excellent knowledge of monitoring and the application methodology; good understanding of capacity assessment methodologies ;excellent abilities to identify significant capacity building opportunities;
- Research skills
- Ability to conceptualize, analyze, interpret and report on M&E results.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and Obuntubulamu
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently.
- Consistently approach work with appositive and constructive attitude.
- Result oriented.
All interested candidates possessing the above attributes can upload their applications including a cover letter, copy of CV (with 3 referees).
Click 'Apply Now' button on the left side bar to get started.
Note: Only online application will be considered.
Deadline for submission
Friday, 21st June 2019 at 5 pm. Only short-listed candidate will be contacted. Any form of lobbying and canvassing will lead to disqualification
We are currently experiencing some technical issues with our online application system. We are working flat-out to resolve these issues as soon as possible.
During this time while we try to resolve the issues, should you be interested in this job and wish to apply for it please email your application including a cover letter, copy of CV (with 3 referees) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Programmes and Service Delivery
21 June 2019