The title of the Queen in Buganda Kingdom is the Nnabagereka, the title refers to one that apportions. We want to help the most vulnerable members of our society by leading our foundation to play to their strengths.
To meet this expectation, the NDF uses Buganda Kingdom structures. The Foundation conducts social research and community engagement to identify community strengths and problems. The strengths are amplified and problems are attended to, taken notice of with sympathy, vigilance, and approbation.
How do we address the problem?
We work with cultural structures and communities to create transformational change, amplifying the beneficiaries’ strengths while addressing their needs. We provide tailored support, connections and flexible funding to model the truth that each of us has a role to play in life.
The NDF foundation is responsible for these initiatives;
- Sparking community dialogues to confront community challenges.
- Providing structural support.
- Providing personalized mentorship and training.
- Partnering with likeminded organisations and providing direct intervention.
- Influencing policy through the cultural voice
- Striving to bring about positive norms for change.
- Establishing a team of community volunteers wherever we work.
- Supporting in the execution of the intervention.
- Maintaining and ensuring sustainability of the achievement long after our departure.
We work with the communities through volunteers, most of whom are engaged within the Kingdom structures. Funding and contributions come from individuals, public and private organisations committed to the Foundation’s vision for social transformation and society’s overall good.
Our target population
The Foundation’s target population are the children, youth and women.
Children – We work towards nurturing holistic individuals, responsible and humane citizens through strengthening the family and the children’s voice.
Youth – We make the most of the youth’s creativity and industriousness to nurture entrepreneurship, leadership and a purposeful life
Women – We empower women by strengthening their voice and agency to drive change processes and participate in making decisions about their lives, starting at the family level.
Mission, vision and values
- Our vision – An equitable, inclusive and peaceful world grounded in human virtues
- Our mission – Leveraging culture to improve the quality of life of children, youth and women
- Our goal – The concept of Obuntubulamu to be recognised as a human capital asset in the contemporary world.
- Our values
- Obuntubulamu – We believe Obuntubulamu is a way of upholding the dignity of the human person.
- Diversity – We acknowledge diversity; strive for inclusiveness, with a primary focus on the vulnerable.
- Innovation – We are innovative and pioneering in our quest for development solutions.
- Integrity – We are transparent and accountable in our processes and operations.
- Preservation – We uphold the conservation of culture and nature.
Let us take it from here.
+256 (414) 344 669
+256 (393) 217 133
+256 708 844 660